TRA Efiling System Log In, ELECTRONIC FILING OF TAX RETURNS SYSTEM 2021
TRA Efiling System Log In
TRA Efiling System, This is a system of submitting return to TRA through TRA Web.
What are procedures to be followed?
Online submission of VAT returns require the following steps:
Register for Electronic Filing:
- In order to file returns electronically to TRA, the VAT registered taxpayer will be required to click on the e-filing hyper link. This will take the taxpayer to the e-filing System linkage.
- The taxpayer (Individual and Entity) will have to register into the System on initial access and will be given an Electronic Filer Identification Number (e-fin).
- The taxpayer will further be issued with an initial password to facilitate creation of his/her own password, login and filing of returns.
Signature of an individual filing the return electronically:
- Since the requirement to sign the return is mandatory and taking into consideration that the return shall be filed electronically. The e-filer’s signature shall automatically be retrieved from the Automatic Finger Identification System (AFIS) where the filer’s signature was captured when the e-filer was requesting from TRA on one of the following services:
- Application for driver’s license
- Registration of a motor vehicle or
- Normal application of TIN for any other business.
Signature for the Company or Entity Filing the Return Electronically:
On e- filing registration for a Company or any other Corporate Entity, the System will prompt for a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) of one of the Directors’ and will hence check if the Director has undergone biometric scanning before proceeding to retrieve the taxpayer’s general information.
What happens if an e- Filer has not undergone biometric scanning?
If the e- filer’s signature has not been captured in the TRA AFIS System, then the e- filer is required to arrange for signature capturing at the TRA office where the filer or the entity files its VAT returns.
Advantages of submitting VAT return online
- The web-based return system offers the following benefits:
- Taxpayers will interact with TRA while at their houses or offices.
- Elimination or reduction of queues at TRA offices during due dates
- E-filing will result in fewer errors and creates simple and quicker processing of documents.
- Taxpayers can save their records in their e-mail boxes or print hard copies for future reference.
The purpose of this user guide is to provide step-by-step instructions on how to perform and execute various tasks through the developed system of electronic filing of tax returns (E-filing). Specifically,
this user guide provides guidance for the following processes and/or activities;
1.Registeras an electronic filer of tax returns (e-filer);
2.Update taxpayer’s information
3.Appointdeclarantswho will submit tax returns on behalf of an entity;
4.Appoint audit firm and auditorsfor certification of income tax returns prior to submission to Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA);
5.File tax returns;6.Certification of income tax returns;
7.Application for extension of time to file tax returns;
9.Request for remission of penalty and interest; and
10.Access and view filed returns, assessments and other relevant information.
This guide is provided for reference only and is subject to changes without prior notice. The contents of this guide do not override the provisions of the respective tax laws. Screenshots and associated information in this guide are intended for illustrationsonly.
Enquiries may be made to the Tanzania Revenue Authority by physically visiting nearby TRA offices or using the following contacts;
i.Toll free Mobile numbers: 0800 750 075 0800 780 078