New Job Vacancy at Viamo East Africa Tanzania – Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end-users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
We are locally known as Voto Mobile Limited and globally we are recognizing as Viamo.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 30.5 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
New Job Vacancy at Viamo East Africa Tanzania, 2021
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
About the role
You will be our representative in the country and a leader within the M4D movement. Your role is to ensure that every large development organization knows about our organization and our offerings, to design digital engagement strategies with these organizations, and supervise our program implementation. In Tanzania, we already have partnerships in place with UNICEF, Care International, Rijk Zwaan, Girl Effect, Ubongo Kids, MEDA, and more. The CEO will work closely with the Country Manager, Product Managers and Project Managers
- Work with local and international partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets, and responding to RFPs.
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables.
- Manage the 3-2-1 Service, expanding the content available, developing commercial partnerships to diversify revenue
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Tanzania
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Run the country office, ensuring invoices are paid, salaries are processed, and banking is managed correctly.
- Managing the Viamo Tanzania team: Country Manager, 3-2-1 Product Manager, Finance & Administration Officer, Program Manager
- Represent the organization at local events advocating for the use of our mobile technology
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
Reports to Regional Director East Africa
Line manages Country Manager, 3-2-1 Product Manager, Finance & Administration Officer, and Program Manager.