New Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) – Storekeeper
Direct Reports: WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Literacy essential
- Desirable diploma in social sciences and warehouse management related studies
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
- Make sure cleanness in and around,plus arrangement of the warehouse is maintained according to MSF standards.
- Ensure that all Internal request have been picked and documentation is ready for delivery to the requestor
- All cargo is properly picked, packed and loaded properly in the movement availed to avoid any damages that could arise
- Labelling of products and stacking is done properly according to MSF standards; Following signs e.g, this side up, fragile, flammable e.t.c
- Picking documents are prepared in ime to avoid delays
- Supervise the daily workers when they are called upon for support; ensuring that their working gear is maintained clean, they are equiped with operational tools(stationery), and report any incident related to the work to the line manager
- Ensure the daily workers are supervised all the time they are performing their duties, and are out of the warehouse during the breaks(tea break and lucnh hours), also the daily workers register before they start their work.
- Ensure that the working tools and equipment are in good working condition, if not report to the line manager and/or functional manager those that are not working.
- Proper phyical reception of cargo especially the number of parcels, damaged parcels missing parcels, e.t.c is done immediately upon arrival.
- Implementing the guidelines and SOPs in place
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam.
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: STOREKEEPER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 19/02/2021
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.