New Job Vacancies at KTO – Karibu Tanzania Organization – Board Members
Karibu Tanzania Organization (‘KTO’) is a national level Non–Governmental Organization working as an umbrella organization for the Folk Development Colleges(TDCs’) in Tanzania.
KTO was established 1990 as a result of cooperation between Tanzania and Sweden through Folk Development Colleges in Tanzania and Swedish Folk High Schools. KTO is working with all 55 FDCs in Tanzania. Together with the FDCs, KTO has a long experience of folk education, adult learning, pedagogical work, rural development, and have been providing training for young adults all over Tanzania.
To help to create well-informed, socio-economically empowered, active citizens in a just and sustainable Tanzanian society.
To contribute to the socio-economic advancement of Tanzanian society through folk and adult education at the Folk Development Colleges as a way to encourage progressive communities, citizen engagement, democratic practices, gender equality, and sustainable development.
The board of Karibu Tanzania Organization is seeking to appoint four (4) new board members to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work. We require individuals portraying at least one of the following:
- Financial management skills;
- Project management (with experience of fundraising) skills;
- Organizational leadership skills; and
- Legal compliance skills.;
The roles are unpaid voluntary positions. Reasonable expenses are paid.
Board members are expected to attend three board meetings per year, but also to participate in the life of the organization between board meetings, advising the staff team and acting in an ambassadorial role for The Karibu Tanzania Organization. Positions are advertised for a period of 4 years (term may be renewed)
Purpose of the board
- Being a Board member offers individuals an opportunity to help KTO shape its’ contribution to improve the education sector in Tanzania.
- Board members have a shared responsibility for directing the management of Karibu Tanzania Organization and for using their personal skills and experience to ensure that the organization is well operated and efficient, solvent, delivers upon its’ vision, and complies with all legal and regulatory requirements stipulated by Tanzania’s lawr
- Board members shall offer strategic guidance, expertise and advice to help ensure Karibu Tanzania Organization achieves the purpose for which it has been set up for inclusive development initiatives in Tanzania.
- The Board Members shall support the strategic development and financial planning of the organization and ensure KTO continues to grow as a leader in the field of folk education and adult learning and provide appropriate governance and oversight for the smooth running of the organization.
The Board members are also expected to play very significant roles providing guidance to KTO by contributing to the organization’s culture, strategic focus, effectiveness, and financial sustainability, as well as serving as ambassadors and advocates.
About the Roles
We are seeking to recruit four (4) board members and expect that different candidates will bring a range of skills and experience to Karibu Tanzania Organization, from the attributes listed.
- Understanding of the education sector in Tanzania (Sector knowledge).
- Commitment to the objectives/strategy and risks of Karibu Tanzania Organization (KTO) (strategy and risk).
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Karibu Tanzania Organization (Regulation and governance).
- Steering the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure there is adequate resources to advance its mission (people, culture, conduct and financial acumen).
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to operate as part of a team .
- English language fluency (written and verbal).
- Good communication skills including public speaking and presentation skills.
New Job Vacancies at KTO – Karibu Tanzania Organization, 2021
How to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter by 21 June 2021 on or before 16:30hrs EAT, stating why you wish to be considered for the role, to Gloria Assey by email on [email protected] late applications will not be considered.
Your covering letter should show how you meet each of the relevant requirements in the person specification.
Prospective board members who best meet our requirements will be invited for the interview on the 28 June 2021 and further to the Annual General meeting (date to be communicated).