New Job Opportunity at Umwema Group Morogoro Trust Fund – Proposal Writer
About Umwema Morogoro
Umwema Morogoro has been formed and established, out of a strong desire and concern, purposely stressed and emphasized, for the poor, powerless and those marginalized community. Our vision is to be a leading organization in human rights, education, health and sustainable development in Tanzania. Umwema’s Mission is to incorporate the government, development partners and CSOs in building capacity of communities to improve their living standards, social services and sustainability through trainings. We believe in teamwork, transparency, integrity, respect, accountability and volunteerism. as part of our Core values. The vision, mission and core values have been consistently followed by our organization.
Project title: Proposal Writer
Job location: Morogoro
Responsibilities of the Proposal Writer (PW)
The Proposal Writer (Volunteer) will explore funding opportunities and will take the lead in developing and writing project proposals based on donor requirements, thereby submitting winning proposals. The PW will mainly focus on the areas of health, education, special education for disabled children, nutrition, poverty eradication, gender and women empowerment. Ability to write persuasively and articulately is essential. Additional duties may include meeting with donors and presenting projects in order persuade funding. She/he will work closely with other team members based in Morogoro. In case of successful proposals resulting in the securing of funds, the voluntary contract may be replaced by a paid job contract.
- Review and identify Request for Proposals (RFPs) by conducting regular web based researches to explore RFPs and funding opportunities.
- Review identified RFPs with Umwema supervisor and proposal team to decide which proposals to submit, developing the project proposals as per the requirement and donor.
- Ensures a high quality submission by following proposal-writing standards with emphasis on readability, consistency, and tone.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Maintains internal proposal database
- Assists in improving Umwema proposal writing abilities by evaluating and if necessary re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and establishing templates; implementing any necessary changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Graduated or Master’s degree in social science, political science, economics, Journalism, Communication & Marketing or a similar field, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience with international organizations, international postings, or managing projects. Familiar with project design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Morogoro is an advantage
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others. French would be an asset.
Terms of the Contract:
Please note that this is initially an unpaid part-time position
Time Commitment: minimum of three days/15 hours per week either working in the office or from remote distance.
Umwema is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, colour, religion, gender and origin
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to [email protected]
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase
The closing date for submission of applications is 24th February, 2021, Mid-night, Tanzania Time.
To learn more about Umwema Morogoro, please visit our website: www.umwema.or.tz