New Job Opportunity at One Acre Fund – Tanzania Supply Chain Manager. Tanzania Supply Chain Manager
Seeking a Supply Chain Expert with at least 7 years of experience to help perfect our rural village delivery model (inputs and agroforestry), scale our retail business as well as optimize our procurement
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
New Job Opportunity at One Acre Fund – Tanzania Supply Chain Manager
About the Role
At the Core of our mission lies giving smallholder farmers access to life changing products. As our Supply Chain Manager you’ll lead our Procurement and Logistics Departments (~15 FTEs), which purchase and deliver thousands of metric tonnes of agricultural inputs and millions of trees across hundreds of rural villages every year. Success is measured by on time delivery, cost per MT delivered, % shrink and $ savings from successful contracting. Another essential component of this role is to improve our supply chain operations, which includes identifying and trialing new delivery channels and strategies that enables us to serve more farmers, better. You’ll report directly to the Country Director and oversee a budget/inventory value of ~$10 million.
- Manage our Logistics team responsible for our warehouses and inputs across 4 regions, input deliveries to 300+ One Acre Fund villages and replenishment of 30+ One Acre Fund 30 Dukas across the Southern Highlands
- Manage our Procurement team responsible for all program purchases and contracting across 14 departments, with an annual value of ~$1 million
- Scope and implement projects which targets to improve our customer satisfaction, cost efficiency, and our ability to grow and reach more farmers through new and improved delivery channels / supply chain systems
- Design and test an agroforestry production and delivery strategy, building on experience and lessons learned that we have already achieved, that supports a cost-effective delivery of 2-3 million trees per season
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Supply Chain Management or Business Administration)
- 7 or more years of relevant experience such as leading complex Supply Chain related activities, large contract negotiations or Project Management
- 3 or more years of People Management experience
- English and Swahili
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Iringa, Tanzania, with frequent travels to Mbeya, Njombe and Dar Es Salaam
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
17 February 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.