New Job Opportunity at MSF – Médecins Sans Frontières, Mental Health Activity Manager 2021
JOB VACANCY – MENTAL HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER ( MHAM)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: MENTAL HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Location: Nduta Camp, Kibondo District
Town Residence: Kibondo Town
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mental health related activities in the project area including management of staff, ensuring the quality of care and analysing statistics and reports, according to MSF protocols in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor Degree in psychology or social work or Medical Doctor degree with specialization in psychiatry
Experience: Two years of related experience. Work Experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili or French is an asset.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- In close collaboration with other medical team members, identifying the needs of Mental Health (MH) support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning, organization and update of the appropriate MSF strategy and the MH activities and its budget. Monitoring and evaluating MH support activities.
- Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and procedures set by MSF in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for patients.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Coordinating and ensuring that Mental Health activities (in and outside health facilities), with the clients are performed with regular follow-up in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for clients with psycho social problems. Ensuring Mental Health team is calm and neutral during sessions regardless of personal feelings and/or beliefs and that the translators are trained about terminology and appropriate behavior during sessions.
- Mapping and regularly updating the existing Mental Health services, including other INGO’s, local NGO’s, community groups and governmental health services, etc. and maintaining good and regular communication and collaboration with other components of the project according to objectives and context.
- Ensuring in close collaboration with medical department, that MH department participates in counselling as well as Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VTC) activities when needed.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, statistical report, etc.) and reporting problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator to help with decision making and problem resolution.
- Ensuring that psychiatric patients coming to MSF facilities receive proper treatment including psychotropic medication and psychosocial support either within an MSF program or thru referral to an appropriate resource.
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …).
Method of Application
All interested persons will be required to submit a CV, a motivation letter, copy of relevant professional certificates and a telephone number by 19th August, 2021. Please quote the job title on the email subject (i.e. MHAM – Nduta Camp) and send to email address [email protected]
The applications can also be dropped at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.