New Job Opportunity at JGI-TZ, New Job Opportunity at The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) – Videographer
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. Founded in 1977, the Institute advances the vision and work of her founder Dr. Jane Goodall by continuing the chimpanzee research and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share. Currently the Institute is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant position:
New Job Opportunity at JGI-TZ – The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania, 2021
Job Position: Videographer
Work Station: Gombe National Park, Kigoma
The primary goal for the existence of this job position is to complement the daily chimpanzees research in the Gombe National Park.
The video records will be used to add value to research work, education provision, JGI outreach/es, and for our visibility and fundraising.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Trek in the forest to observe, and film video of chimpanzees at Gombe.
- Take notes of events in the forest, and record locations using GPS.
- Write news-stories and character portraits of the chimpanzees, from own observation and videos, and through interviewing the field researchers.
- Film and record particular behaviours to compare chimpanzee culture in different places.
- Film the scenery, changing of the seasons, other species such as baboons and monkeys (redtails, blues, colobus) and other wildlife.
- Properly document all video records, manage video files by reviewing, editing, and indexing the video footages.
- Oversee the security, operation and maintenance of the equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
- Test all equipment to determine technical quality of recording, audio, and any lighting apparatus prior to operation in the field.
- Compile, write and submit monthly reports.
Minimum job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, videography, or media communication with courses/ studies on film/video or related field.
- At least 2 years’ work experience filming and videography, skill in use of camera, and familiarity with its technology.
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency with camera equipment
- Work experience in conservation field working in remote areas
- Good communication skills and good report writing skills, both English and Swahili
- Good interpersonal skills and quick learner,
- Good health and physically fit for a demanding environment.
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (resume), copy of relevant certificates, testimonials, three names of reputable and current referees, mobile phone number, e-mail address, and should be send to the below e-mail address:
Send by e-mail to: E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, and marital status.
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 June 2021.