New Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) – Senior Manager Technical Services
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
New Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML), 2021
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Manager Technical Services
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Mine Technical Services
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role exists to build, develop, and lead an effective team capable of delivering industry leading practices within both the open pit & underground mine planning & technical support functions to achieve business objectives/targets. The role coordinates the activities of the Technical Services Department to deliver the GGM mining budget in a manner consistent with the Company’s vision and Values. Senior Manager Technical Services is accountable for the mine planning work required to improve productivity thereby reducing unit costs and improving profitability. The role incumbent is also responsible for growing the mining reserve and improve mining flexibility.
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ proven experience in mine planning in both underground and open pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years in managerial position within a mine planning/technicai department.
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software.
- Ability to create and manage budgets for own team but also the entire site.
- Ability to sign off ore reserves as a competent person for Geita Gold Mine.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Establish and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified and mitigation plans to put in place.
- Develop Life-of-Mine (LOM) options to assist the Managing Director develop and manage the five-year Life-of-Mine (LOM) plan, ensure consistent and predictable delivery of the GGM LOM plan.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimised short term, medium and long term plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy.
- Build department capability (people, structure,) to deliver on Technical Services budgets aligned to GGM goals and LOM strategy.
- Construct and deliver the Mining annual department budget based on business plan objectives set by the Managing Director, to achieve targets in terms of operating costs, capital costs and project deliverables.
- Develop systems for the Technical Services department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, and monitoring
- Report performance to plan, identify and rectify variances to the plan (MTP), providing feedback to, and seeking input from, the Managing Director, Operations Manager, Geology Manager and Mining Managers, keeping management informed of any foreseeable risks or impediments to plan and budget delivery and steps taken to ameliorate identified risks in order to maintain sustainable operations.
- Develop and manage Operational Excellence initiatives in the Technical Services Department to develop continuous improvement and add value to the operation.
- Manage geotechnical risk across the mining operations.
- To provide a safe work environment, implement and deliver compliance with SHE&C department plans, management systems and processes within Technical Services Department.
- Accountable for generation and annual sign-off of the ore reserves.
- Accountable for applying the Managerial Leadership practices that embody the company values
- Understand financial reports and comprehend the relevance/impact to the total operation
- Actively look for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes
- Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing contracted technical consultants and operational mining contracts.
- Lead minor projects and interact with test work and engineering consultant / service providers
- Understand AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) project management standards and apply them in a minor project to conceptual level.
- The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected
- The ability to handle conflict resolution
- The ability to utilise equipment, office software -MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with good presentation and facilitation skills.
- The ability to use statistical methods to analyse, validate & verify analytical data with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work and communicate with people at all levels/good interpersonal skills.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
New Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd. Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Manager Technical Services”
New Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Candidates may also apply through our jobs email at [email protected] Email subject should also be “Senior Manager Technical Services”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
New Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd, Applications should reach the above on or before 30th June 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.