Job Opportunity of Rector At IFM 2021
RECRUITMENT OF RECTOR. The Institute of Finance Management (IFM) was established in 1972 by the Act of Parliament No. 3, and stands as among the oldest higher learning financial institution in Tanzania. The Institute is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and consultancy. The Governing Council now seeks to recruit a visionary Chief Executive Officer of the Institute, called the Rector.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Governing Council of the Institute and to provide vision, direction and leadership to the organization. He/she will work harmoniously with other members of the Institute’s management to ensure that Institute acquires and maintains a positive and solid image as a successful training institution of higher learning by formulating and implementing the right strategies and ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
Job Opportunity of Rector At IFM 2021
Responsibilities and Duties
The Rector will be in charge of implementation and realization of the vision and mission of the Institute so as to achieve its strategic goals. He/she will be the overall manager of day to day activities and have the power to make final decisions at management level. Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- As the Chief Executive Officer spearhead and ensure continuous development and review of the vision, mission, objectives and policies of the Institute and recommend the same to the Governing to achieve its objectives;
- Coordinate and Monitor performance in order to make timely changes to the strategies;
- Be the principal academic and administrative officer and Secretary to the Governing Council;
- Work harmoniously with the Governing Council by ensuring effective communication;
- Establish and maintain a sound financial system for effective and efficient use of resources;
- Build and sustain an organization culture that is friendly to students and other stakeholders as well as employees of the institute;
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations of the country and Governing Council’s directives;
- Mobilize and procure internal and external resources necessary for the implementation of the Institute programmes;
- Advise the Governing Council on the appointments of the Directors and other Senior Staff;
- Responsible for appointment of Heads of Academic Departments and Coordinators;
- Directs and supervises senior management and academic staff of the Institute; 0 Responsible to the Governing Council for the general conduct and discipline of students;
- Be the spokesperson of the Institute on all matters affecting the welfare of the Institute;
- Promotes good relations with the Government and other stakeholders.
Holder of a PhD in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field and should be at least an Associate Professor. He /she must have at least 10 years experience in a senior managerial position, and must have high integrity and strong public relations skills, ability to engage with various stakeholders, and to build, work and lead teams.
Tenure of Office
- Rector shall hold office for a term of five years and may be re-appointed for another term of five years.
Salary and Other Remunerations
- This position carries a salary of as per Institute’s Schemes of Service plus other remunerations such as transport, free housing, utilities among others.
Mode of Application
Individuals who meet the above requirements may apply to the address below not later than 1st November, 2021. Applications must be accompanied with relevant authentic copies of certificates, testimonials and curriculum Vitae.
Chairperson of the Governing Council,
The Institute of Finance Management,
5 Shaaban Robert Street,
P.O. BOX 3918,
11101 DAR ES SALAAM.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who will not be contacted by 15th November, 2021 should consider themselves unsuccessful.