Job Opportunities At Vodacom Tanzania, Forensic Analyst
Forensic Analyst, Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of, Date Posted: 28-Jun-2021Full Time / Part Time: Full Time, Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Job Opportunities At Vodacom Tanzania, Forensic Analyst 2021
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- The key purpose of the Forensic Analyst is to ensure prevention and detection of fraud in Vodacom processes and systems.
- In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in fraud detection, proactive design and implementation of preventive controls and detecting anomalies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Regularly review and ensure that proper fraud controls are implemented on Vodacom systems
- Perform fraud forensic analysis/ investigations upon breach of rules set in the fraud management system(s) or upon receiving information via other channels.
- Perform regular fraud assessment on revenue streams.
- Quantify and report on fraud losses, fraud loss prevented and fraud loss recovered as part of management briefings, attend Regulatory fraud related tasks.
- Research new fraud management methodologies and controls – ensure the same are updated on Vodacom fraud management policies, procedures and systems.
Core Competencies & Technical qualifications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong analytical skills and a good grasp of forensic investigation methodologies
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in at least one of the following: IT, Technology, Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL
- Knowledge of revenue assurance methodologies
Managing investigationsForensic AnalysisCrisis managementSecurityFraud Strategy and Risk Management
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.