Host City Manager At CAF, 2021
Host City Manager
Ready to score?
You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest celebration of African football: Total Energies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021.
CAF is looking for a Host City Manager (5 open positions in: Douala, Yaoundé, Bafoussam, Garoua, and Limbe), to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations will begin from January 9 to February 6, 2022, with six stadiums set to host the games across five cities in Cameroon.
This role is a temporary contract running until end of February 2022 and will be based in Yaoundé or one of the host cities.
Host City Manager At CAF, 2021
- Plan and deliver Host City obligations, and work with key specialists where needed.
- Ensure that the stadium checklists and training sites requirements are implemented.
- Develop strong relationships with the Host City leadership and staff, make regular face-to-face meetings to support their planning and delivery.
- Act as the focal point for information transfer from the central level to the venue level and escalate matters from the venue for resolution at the central level.
- Regularly document and report on the Host City infrastructure (stadium, training sites, hotels, roads… etc.) progress to the central project team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of onsite operations (venue procedures and processes, SOPs, etc.).
- Manage the flow of information between the central project team and the venue-related projects.
- Work with Stadium Operators on the delivery of a successful matchday experience.
- Work with the safety and security, and transport specialists to ensure delivery of these areas to the required concept.
- Work closely with the TV production, media rights, logistics operations and marketing activities teams.
- Manages the Venue Operations Centre during the tournament phase.
· Establish a relationship with all the stakeholders of the venues to ensure the timely compliance of all infrastructure and requirements for the tournament.
· Ensure the compliance of infrastructure for stadiums and training sites for handover to their respective venue teams in the lead up to the tournament.
· Supervise that all procedures related to infrastructure, services, and utilities in stadiums and training sites are carried out as per the agreements and concepts.
· Supervise the setup, maintenance and management of all utilities and services at stadiums to ensure compliance with all functional operations for the facilities.
· Oversee the preparedness process for stadiums, training sites, and hotels prior to the start of the competition.
· Ensure the adherence to all policies and procedures as approved by CAF.
· Additional duties as event development may warrant.
- Support the completion of a final report and a knowledge transfer program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Mega Events or Sports.
- Fluent in English & French Languages, both written and spoken, is a Must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a Must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, age, and nationality.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to [email protected]
Application deadline 10/08/2021